Feb 2, 2017
Valentine’s Twitter Chat Draw
Rules & Regulations
- No purchase necessary.
- Residents of Ontario, 18 years of age and older may enter, except employees and immediate family members (and/or persons domiciled with employees) of Brookfield Office Properties Inc. and the owners of Brookfield Properties (PI) Inc. and the owners of First Canadian Place; FCP (BOPC) Ltd., ARI FCP Holdings Inc., and CPPIB FCP Holding Inc., and Brookfield Office Properties Management LP and the owners of Exchange Tower; Brookfield Office Properties Inc., HRI Exchange Inc. and PFS Exchange Inc., and affiliated companies and their advertising agencies (collectively, the “Sponsors”).
- Each individual who RSVP’s at http://bit.ly/2kwpRlh and participates in the Valentine’s Twitter Chat using the hashtag #FCPEXChat will be eligible to win one of five prizes. The Valentine’s Twitter Chat is being held on February 8, 2017 at 8 PM est.
- Five prizes will be awarded. Grand Prize (1): $500 Brookfield Gift Card, Second Prize (2): $200 Brookfield Gift Card, Third Prizes (3): 3 x $100 Brookfield Gift Cards. The prize is referred to as the “Prize” in the rules and regulations. The Sponsors reserve the right to substitute the Prize in whole or in part for Prize of equal value or greater value in the event that any component of the Prize is unavailable for any reasons. The Prize may not be sold, transferred or assigned and is not convertible to cash. Prize must be redeemed by February 17, 2017.
- The winners of the Prize will be selected in a random drawing conducted at the management office of the property located at 100 King Street West, (the "Management Office") at 10:00 AM on February 9, 2017 from all eligible entrants who RSVP at http://bit.ly/2kwpRlh prior to the Valentine’s Twitter Chat and participated in the Valentine’s Twitter Chat on February 8 at 8PM. EST using the hashtag #FCPExChat. Entrants do not need to be present to win. Sponsors will attempt to notify the selected entrant by phone or by e-mail within one (1) business day of the draw. In order to be declared a winner, the selected entrant must correctly answer, unaided, a time-limited skill-testing question and complete and return to the Management Office or the Sponsors a contest eligibility and liability/publicity release confirming compliance with these rules and regulations, releasing the Sponsors and their respective directors, officers and agents from all liability and, except where prohibited by law, permitting the Sponsors to use the selected entrant’s name, address (city and province) and image, without compensation, worldwide and in perpetuity, in any and all forms of media now known or hereafter devised, including the Internet, in any publicity carried out by the Sponsors. In the event that a selected entrant is not eligible for any reason, has not correctly answered the skill-testing question or cannot be contacted after 1 day of the first attempt to contact the selected entrant, such entrant shall be disqualified and the Sponsors shall have the right to select another entrant and the Sponsors shall be released and discharged from any liability or responsibility in this regard. No correspondence will be made except with the selected entrant. All entry forms submitted become the property of the Sponsors and will not be returned.
- The chances of an entry being drawn depend on the total number of RSVP’s received and participants involved in the Valentine’s Twitter chat.
- The selected entrant must grant a full and final release, remise and discharge to the Sponsors and each of their directors, officers, employees, representatives, agents or affiliates (collectively the “Releasees”) from all obligations, representations or responsibilities with respect to the Prize, including, without limitation, any injury, accident, loss of life or other misfortune relating to or emanating from the Prize.
- The selected entrant must agree to his/her name, location, photograph, likeness, voice and/or any comments made by the entrant concerning the contest, in any form, for publicity, advertising or promotional purposes and to sign a waiver of liability in favour of the Releases.
- By entering the contest entrants agree to abide by these rules and regulations, and further agree that the decisions of the Sponsors are final. The Sponsors reserve the right at any time without prior notice to withdraw, cancel, terminate, amend, modify or suspend the Contest if for any reason in the opinion of the Sponsors, in their sole discretion, the Contest is not capable of operating as planned or if the administration, security, fairness, integrity, or proper conduct of the Contest is corrupted or adversely affected, including by reason of infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or any other causes beyond their control. The Sponsors reserve the right in their sole discretion to disqualify any individual they find to be tampering with the operation of the Contest or to be acting in violation of these rules or otherwise in disruptive manner with respect to the Contest. CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT BY A CONTESTANT TO DELIBERATELY UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE CONTEST IS A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, THE SPONSORS RESERVE THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES FROM ANY SUCH ENTRANT TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW. The Sponsors also reserve the right to cancel this contest at any time because of any printing or other error. The Sponsors do not assume any responsibility for technical malfunctions, human or technical error, seeding or printing errors, lost, delayed or garbled data or transmissions, omission, interruption, deletion, defect or failures of any telephone or computer line or network, computer equipment, software (including on account of traffic congestion on the Internet or at any Web site) or any combination thereof. The Sponsors shall not be liable for any errors or negligence that may arise or occur in connection with the Contest, including any injury or damage to the entrant’s or any other person’s computer related to or resulting from participation in or downloading of any materials relating to the Contest.
- By entering the Contest each entrant consents to the collection, use and distribution of his/her personal information (information that identifies an entrant as an individual, such as home telephone number, age and home address) by the Sponsors for the purposes of implementing, administering and fulfilling the Contest. The Sponsors will not sell or transmit this information to third parties unless the entrant has specifically consented to same, the Sponsors believe in good faith that it is required by law, to their affiliates (provided that such affiliates and their agents and advisors and their respective employees are restricted from using the information for any other purpose other than as described in these rules and regulations), or to their respective agents for data processing purposes, their respective professional advisors and promotional and marketing agencies (provided that such agents, professional advisors and promotional and marketing agencies are restricted from using the information for any purpose other than as described in these rules and regulations). Any inquiry concerning the personal information held by the Sponsors should be addressed to the Marketing Department at First Canadian Place.
- The name of the winner may be posted on the website myfirstcanadianplace.ca.
- This Contest is subject to all applicable federal, provincial and municipal laws and regulations and is void where prohibited.