Copyright 2020 National Wilderness Stewardship Alliance
NO PURCHASE IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE DOES NOT INCREASE THE CHANCES OF WINNING.
1. Eligibility: This Campaign is open only to those who sign up at https://1.shortstack.com/vcJvJ1 and who are 18 years or older as of the date of entry. The Campaign is only open to legal residents of the United States and is void where prohibited by law. The Campaign is subject to all applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations. Void where prohibited.
2. Agreement to Rules: By participating, the Contestant (“You”) agree to be fully unconditionally bound by these Rules, and You represent and warrant that You meet the eligibility requirements. In addition, You agree to accept the decisions of the National Wilderness Stewardship Alliance as final and binding as it relates to the content of this Campaign.
3. Campaign Period: Entries will be accepted online starting on March 6, 2020 and ending September 4, 2020 at 11:59 p.m. ET. All online entries must be received by September 4, 2020 at 11:59 p.m. ET.
4. How to Enter: The Campaign must be entered by submitting an entry using the online form provided at https://1.shortstack.com/vcJvJ1. The entry must fulfill all Campaign requirements, as specified, to be eligible to win a prize. Entries that are incomplete or do not adhere to the rules or specifications may be disqualified at the sole discretion of the National Wilderness Stewardship Alliance. You must provide the information requested. If You use fraudulent methods or otherwise attempt to circumvent the rules, your submission may be removed from eligibility at the sole discretion of the National Wilderness Stewardship Alliance.
5. Prizes: The Winner(s) of the Campaign (the “Winner”) will receive recognition at the National Wilderness Workshop in Merced, California, in October. The specifics of any prizes shall be solely determined by the National Wilderness Stewardship Alliance. The prize is nontransferable. Any and all prize-related expenses, including without limitation any and all federal, state, and/or local taxes, shall be the sole responsibility of Winner. No substitution of prize or transfer/assignment of prize to others or request for the cash equivalent by Winner is permitted. Acceptance of prize constitutes permission for the National Wilderness Stewardship Alliance to use Winner’s name, likeness, and entry for purposes of advertising and trade without further compensation unless prohibited by law.
6. Odds: The odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received.
7. Winner Selection and Notification: Winner(s) will be selected by a panel of judges under the supervision of the National Wilderness Stewardship Alliance. Winner(s) will be announced at the National Wilderness Workshop in Merced, California, on or around October 14. Winner(s) do not need to be present to win. In addition to the announcement at the National Wilderness Workshop, Winner(s) will be notified by email within five (5) days following the selection of Winner(s). The National Wilderness Stewardship Alliance shall have no liability for Winner’s failure to receive notices due to spam, junk e-mail or other security settings or for Winner’s provision of incorrect or otherwise non-functioning contact information. If Winner cannot be contacted, is ineligible, fails to claim the prize within 30 days from the time award notification was sent, or fails to timely return a completed and executed declaration and release as required, the prize may be forfeited and an alternate Winner selected. Receipt by Winner of the prize offered in this Campaign is conditioned upon compliance with any and all federal, state, and local laws and regulations.
8. Rights Granted by You: By entering this photo contest, You understand and agree that the National Wilderness Stewardship Alliance, anyone acting on behalf of the National Wilderness Stewardship Alliance, and the National Wilderness Stewardship Alliance’s licensees, successors, and assigns, shall have the right, where permitted by law, to print, publish, broadcast, distribute, and use in any media now known or hereafter developed, in perpetuity and throughout the World, without limitation, your entry, name, portrait, picture, voice, likeness, image, statements about the Campaign, and biographical information for news, publicity, information, trade, advertising, public relations, and promotional purposes without any further compensation, notice, review, or consent. By entering this content, You represent and warrant that your entry is an original work of authorship, and does not violate any third party’s proprietary or intellectual property rights.
9. Terms & Conditions: The National Wilderness Stewardship Alliance reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Campaign should virus, bug, non-authorized human intervention, fraud, or other cause beyond the National Wilderness Stewardship Alliance’s control corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, or proper conduct of the Campaign. In such case, the National Wilderness Stewardship Alliance may select the Winner from all eligible entries received prior to and/or after (if appropriate) the action taken by the National Wilderness Stewardship Alliance.
10. Limitation of Liability: By entering, You agree to release and hold harmless the National Wilderness Stewardship Alliance and its subsidiaries, affiliates, advertising and promotion agencies, partners, representatives, agents, successors, assigns, employees, officers, and directors from any liability, illness, injury, death, loss, litigation, claim, or damage that may occur, directly or indirectly, whether caused by negligence or not, from: (i) such entrant’s participation in the Campaign and/or his/her acceptance, possession, use, or misuse of any prize or any portion thereof; (ii) technical failures of any kind, including but not limited to the malfunction of any computer, cable, network, hardware, or software, or other mechanical equipment; (iii) the unavailability or inaccessibility of any transmissions, telephone, or Internet service; (iv) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the entry process or the Promotion; (v) electronic or human error in the administration of the Promotion or the processing of entries.
11. Disputes: THIS CAMPAIGN IS GOVERNED BY THE LAWS OF THE UNITED STATES WITHOUT RESPECT TO CONFLICT OF LAW DOCTRINES. As a condition of participating in this Campaign, participant agrees that any and all disputes that cannot be resolved between the parties, and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Campaign, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, exclusively before a court having jurisdiction. Further, in any such dispute, under no circumstances shall participant be permitted to obtain awards for, and hereby waives all rights to, punitive, incidental, or consequential damages, including reasonable attorney’s fees, other than participant’s actual out-of-pocket expenses (i.e. costs associated with entering this Campaign). Participant further waives all rights to have damages multiplied or increased.
13. Winners List: To obtain a copy of the Winner’s name or a copy of these Official Rules, mail your request along with a stamped, self-addressed envelope to: National Wilderness Stewardship Alliance, PO Box 752, Bend, OR 97709.
14. Sponsor: The Sponsor of the Campaign is the National Wilderness Stewardship Alliance, PO Box 752, Bend, OR 97709.
15. This Campaign hosted by the National Wilderness Stewardship Alliance is in no way sponsored, endorsed, administered by, or associated with Facebook.
16. By checking the box above, You, the Contestant, have affirmatively reviewed, accepted, and agreed to all of the Official Rules.