Tune into the full episode now airing on FOX Sports and Outside TV
Copyright 2017 Myriad Marketing International
OFFICIAL RULES – NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. OPEN TO LEGAL RESIDENTS OF THE UNITED STATES AND CANADA, 18 YEARS OF AGE OR OLDER
1. How and When to Enter: You may enter the Campaign by visiting the Tourism Taiwan Facebook fan page and participating in the Facing Waves Sweepstakes. The Campaign will begin on August 28, 2017 at 12:00 midnight Pacific Standard Time (“PST”) and will end on October 28, 2017 at 11:59 p.m. PST (“Campaign Period”). Entry submissions will not be accepted outside of Campaign Period.
There is a limit of one (1) entry per valid email address, per eligible person. If multiple entries are received, only the first entry will be accepted and additional entries will be disqualified.
2. Eligibility: The Campaign is open and offered only to legal residents of the United States (including Washington D.C.), and Canada (excluding Quebec) who have reached the age of majority in their state or province of residence at the time of entry (the “Entrants”). Employees of the Sponsor and its affiliates, subsidiaries, and their immediate family members (spouses, parents, siblings and their respective spouses, regardless of where they live) or persons living in the same households of such individuals, whether or not related, are not eligible to enter the Sweepstakes or win a prize. This Campaign IS VOID IN PUERTO RICO, AND EVERYWHERE OUTSIDE OF THE UNITED STATES, AND WHERE PROHIBITED OR RESTRICTED BY LAW.
3. This Campaign is sponsored by the Taiwan Tourism Bureau (TTB) (9F., No. 290, Sec. 4, Zhongxiao E. Rd., Da’an District, Taipei City 10694, Taiwan) and administered by Myriad Marketing at 6033 West Century Blvd., Suite 900, Los Angeles, CA 90045 (the “Administrator”).
4. Prize: Two (2) round-trip USA/Canada–Taiwan economy class airline ticket for one winner and one guest (approximate individual retail value of the Prize is US $2,000).
Four (4) nights stay in Taiwan with one (1) night in Penghu (approximate individual retail value of the Prize is US $1,000).
Watersports package for two (2) in Penghu (approximate individual retail value of the Prize is US $800).
The actual value of the airfare may vary depending on date and times of travel and airfare fluctuations at the time of travel. Therefore, the actual value of the Prize awarded may be lower or higher at the time it is fulfilled. Any difference between actual value and stated approximate retail value will not
Departure city: Each winner will be informed of the city of departure by TTB when notifying the Winner of their win as stated in article 5 hereunder. (TTB is not responsible for the Winner’s travel costs from any city to the departure city)
All travel arrangements are subject to availability, blackout dates, and other restrictions. Reservations must be requested by February 28, 2018 and at least ten (10) weeks prior to intended date of departure and are subject to availability at time of request.
All travel arrangements are subject to availability, blackout dates, and other restrictions. Travel dates must be by May 31, 2018, and are subject to availability at time of request.
Winner is responsible for any and all applicable fees, service charges, surcharges or passenger facility charges and all insurance costs, federal, state, local and foreign taxes, airport taxes, if any, gratuities, meals, incidentals and any other unspecified expenses associated with acceptance or use of the Prize.
Further restrictions may apply, pursuant to the airline’s own terms and conditions.
Local ground or air transportation and any accommodation and/or any other travel expenses in Taiwan shall be borne by the Winner.
The TTB reserves the right to amend the prizes without prior notice.
5. Winner: One (1) grand prize winner (individually, the “Winner”) will be selected in a random drawing from among all eligible entries, under the supervision of the TTB among all eligible entries on approximately October 30, 2017, and will be announced on the Tourism Taiwan Facebook fan page. The Winner will be notified on or around October 30, 2017 via the email address he/she provides when entering the Campaign. The Winner will have a maximum of five (5) calendar days to confirm his/her acceptance of the prize and provide all required paperwork to the TTB. Along with the confirmation response, the Winner must provide proof of a valid passport and legal residency in Canada or the USA. Those not holding a valid passport or unable to provide proof of legal residency in the US or Canada forfeit qualification for the prize. If the TTB fails to receive any reply from the relevant Winner or if the Winner is unable to provide all required paperwork by the date stated on the inbox message sent by the TTB, the unresponsive Winner will be disqualified accordingly and an alternate Winner (“Alternate Winner”) will be randomly selected by the same method as the original Winner by early November 2017 and announced on or around November 05, 2017 on the Tourism Taiwan Facebook fan page. The same rules will apply to the Alternate Winner as those set forth in this paragraph for the original Winner.
The odds of winning depend upon the number of eligible entries received.
6. If there is any misact by the participants or Winner that causes any losses to the TTB, the Administrator or any third party, the relevant participants or Winner will be responsible for all losses.
7. Each participant and each relevant Facebook user are required to declare and warrant that all information submitted or created by him or her in connection with this Campaign do not infringe on the rights of any party, including but not limited to intellectual property rights, patents, trademarks or brand names registered or enforceable anywhere in the world. Such participant shall indemnify the TTB and its affiliates against any claims, liability damages, costs and expenses incurred by the TTB and its affiliates arising out of or in connection with any such infringement, and shall at the request of the TTB, defend any action brought against the TTB and its affiliates for any such claim for liability and/or damages.
8. No transfer, assignment, cash redemption or substitution by the Winner is permitted.
9. If for any reason this Campaign is not capable of being executed as planned due to infection by computer virus, bugs, worms, Trojan horses, denial of service attacks, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures or any other causes beyond the control of the Taiwan Tourism Bureau that corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity, or proper conduct of this Campaign, the Taiwan Tourism Bureau reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual(s) who tamper with the entry process, and/or to cancel, terminate, modify, or suspend the Campaign. If the TTB elects to cancel or terminate this Campaign, the TTB will not retain any rights in regard to the submitted entries.
10. In case of any dispute with the Campaign results, the decision of the Taiwan Tourism Bureau shall be final and conclusive.
13. Participants’ enrollment in this Campaign will serve as their consent to agree to and accept these Terms and Conditions.
14. The TTB reserves the right to amend the above terms and conditions without prior notice. In case of any dispute involving the rules governing this Campaign, the decision of the TTB shall be final and conclusive.
15. Rights granted by participants: By entering this Campaign you acknowledge that the Taiwan Tourism Bureau, anyone acting on behalf of the Taiwan Tourism Bureau, or their respective licensees, successors and assigns will have the right, where permitted by law, without any further notice, to review or consent to print, publish, broadcast, distribute, and use, worldwide in any media now known or hereafter in perpetuity and throughout the world, your entry, including, without limitation, the entry and Winner's name, portrait, picture, voice, likeness, image or statements about the Campaign, and biographical information as news, publicity or information and for trade, advertising, public relations and Campaign purposes without any further compensation.
16. This Campaign is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Youtube, Pinterest, LinkedIn or Google. You understand that you are providing your information to the owner of this Campaign and not to Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Youtube, Pinterest, LinkedIn or Google.
17. Travel Insurance: The TTB and/or Administrator recommend that the Winner individually contract all necessary travel insurance to secure her/his trip to Taiwan. The TTB and/or Administrator shall in no event be held liable for any loss or damage caused to you while engaging in the trip made possible by the present Campaign.
18. Disputes/Governing Law: All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these rules, or the rights and obligations of any entrant or the Campaign sponsor or Administrator in connection with the Campaign, shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the State of California without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of rules or provisions which would cause the application or the laws of any jurisdiction other than the State of California. Any action or litigation concerning this Terms and Conditions Agreement shall take place exclusively in the federal or state courts sitting in Los Angeles, California, and you expressly consent to the jurisdiction of and venue in such courts and waive all defenses of lack of jurisdiction and inconvenient forum with respect to such courts. Any and all disputes, claims, and causes of action arising out of or in connection with this Campaign, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action.
You agree to service of process by mail or other method acceptable under the laws of the State of California. ANY CLAIMS, JUDGMENTS AND/OR AWARDS SHALL BE LIMITED TO ACTUAL OUT-OF-POCKET COSTS ASSOCIATED WITH ENTERING THIS CAMPAIGN. YOU (AND YOUR PARENTS OR LEGAL GUARDIANS IF YOU ARE A MINOR) HEREBY WAIVE ANY RIGHTS OR CLAIMS TO ATTORNEYS’ FEES, INDIRECT, SPECIAL, PUNITIVE, INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES OF ENTRANT, IDENTIFIABLE PERSONS, OR THIRD PARTY PARTICIPANTS, WHETHER FORESEEABLE OR NOT AND WHETHER BASED ON NEGLIGENCE OR OTHERWISE.