Copyright 2019 Brisbane Ululele Musicians Society Inc
This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook.
You are providing your information to Brisbane Ukulele Musician’s Society (BUMS) Inc and not to Facebook. The information you provide will only be used for conducting the Uke’n Parody Video Contest as detailed in the contest rules and in alignment with the BUMS Inc Privacy Statement.
UKE’N PARODY VIDEO CONTEST RULES
Ukulele players over 18 years of age are invited to enter our “Uke’n Parody Video Contest”.
The winner is the video which receives the most votes.
The winning entrant will receive a Laney A-Fresco Amp from our Major Competition Sponsors Binary Music (valued at $749).
Entries comprise completion of the online entry form at http://bit.ly/parody2019 which includes:
- the YouTube URL of a video recording of your parody song accompanied by ukulele
- title your video “Name of your parody song” - Uke’n Parody Contest 2019
- first name, last name
- email address – Please use one you check regularly this is the only contact we have for you!
- The contest is open to ukulele players resident in Australia and aged 18 years or over.
- Entries must be family friendly and original. (This must be your own parody of an original song.)
- The parody song must be no longer the original song.
- Your video must be uploaded to YouTube with the privacy setting as ‘Public’.
- Your video title must be in the form “Name of your parody song” - Uke’n Parody Contest 2019
- Your video description to include-
- Name the original song, and songwriter or artist,
- your parody lyric and
- contest hashtags #SprukeFestival #Ukulele #UkenParody
- To be eligible all entries must be submitted via http://bit.ly/parody2019.
HOW TO ENTER
- Read the Terms & Conditions, Declaration and Media Release (part of these Contest Rules) below.
- Prepare your video and video description. Get TIPS.
- Upload your video to YouTube and note the URL.
- Complete the entry form (above)
- Click tab SUBMIT MY VIDEO
- Complete form with your personal details, video YouTube URL, video title.
- Agree to the Contest Rules by checking the box on the entry form.
- You may enter no more than three times. Each entry is unique.
- The winner may be invited to perform their winning entry at SPRUKE on Sunday 15 September 2019. The prize winner is responsible for all costs associated with attending SPRUKE 2019.
- By submitting the official contest entry form, entrants agree to read and abide by the terms and conditions, and provide media release consent for contest promoters to use entries in future promotions.
- Entry to the contest is open to all ukulele players and prospective players in Australia.
- Entrants must be over 18 years of age.
- Any persons associated with BUMS Inc management committee, SPRUKE festival committee, or directly with the provision of the prize(s), are not eligible to enter.
- The contest opens at 19:00 pm AEST on Wednesday 3 July and closes at 19:00 pm AEST on Sunday 8 September 2019.
- Entries received after the contest closes will be deemed invalid. No responsibility is accepted for late, lost, delayed or misdirected entries.
- All entries will be featured on the Uke'n Parody Video Contest playlist at Youtube/SprukeUkeFestival after the contest is closed from Monday 9 September 2019.
- The winner will be chosen by online voting.
- The video which receives the most votes on the voting page http://bit.ly/parody2019 at the close of the contest 19:00 pm (7:00pm) AEST on Sunday 8 September 2019 is the winner.
- Entrants are encouraged to share the link to the contest page to attract more votes for their entries.
UKE’N PARODY SONG CONTEST TERMS AND CONDITIONS (PLEASE READ CAREFULLY)
- The promoter of this contest is the Brisbane Ukulele Musicians Society Inc. (ABN 67 543 803 454), PO Box 1534 Stafford QLD 4053.
- By entering the contest, the entrant agrees to be bound by the Terms and Conditions. Any instructions relating to the contest on the promoter’s website form part of these Terms and Conditions.
- Entries which do not fulfil all entry requirements will be deemed invalid.
- Entrants agree that the submitted songs, images become the property of Brisbane Ukulele Musicians Society Inc and may be used as promotional materials.
- The promoter may at its discretion refuse to award any prize to any entrant who fails to comply with these Terms and Conditions.
- By entering the contest the entrant agrees to be contacted by the promoter regarding the work of the promoter and the contest.
- The promoter undertakes to abide by its Privacy Statement.
- The prize is a Laney A-Fresco Amp from our Major Competition Sponsors Binary Music (valued at $749).
- Decisions of the promoter are final and will be binding on each entrant of the contest and no correspondence will be entered into.
- The Prize winner must comply with any third-party terms and conditions relevant to the prize as applicable.
- The promoter shall not be responsible for any additional costs associated with use of the prize. The prize winner is responsible for all costs associated with using the prize.
- The prize will be presented at the SPRUKE Festival Finale Sunday 15 September 2019.
- The promoter shall not be responsible for any additional costs associated with receiving the prize. The prize winner is responsible for all costs associated with receiving the prize.
- The promoter shall not be responsible for a lost, stolen or damaged prize once in the possession of the prize winner.
WINNER NOTIFICATION & RESPONSIBILITIES
- The prize winner will be notified by email.
- The winner will be announced at 12:00 pm midday on Monday 9 September 2019, on www.spruke.net.au and on Facebook@SprukeFestival.
- By submitting an entry online, entrants attest that all details provided on entry forms are true and accurate, and the entry is their own work. The promoter reserves the right to redraw the prize should details of the prize winner not be true and accurate.
- Please allow at least 30 days from the date of notification for the delivery of the prize.
- Entrants’ personal details (provided to the promoter for the purpose of conducting the contest) may be disclosed by the promoter to its contractors, agents, any co-promoter to assist in conducting this contest. Prize winners’ names may be published as set out in these Terms and Conditions. The promoter may also use entrants’ personal information for any promotional, marketing and publicity purposes of the promoter, subject to the promoter’s Privacy Statement.
- If there is any event that prevents or hinders the promoter’s conduct of the contest or the promoter’s ability to deliver the prize/s to the prize winner/s, the promoter may, in its discretion, cancel the contest and recommence it at another time under the same conditions or select another winner.
- The promoter is not responsible for any incorrect or inaccurate information, or for any failure of the equipment associated with or utilised in this contest, or for any technical error that may occur in the course of the administration of this contest.
- To the full extent permitted by the law, the promoter will not be liable for any death, injury, damages, expenses, or loss whatsoever (whether direct or consequential) to persons or property as a result of any person entering into the contest or accepting or using any prize, including without limitation non-receipt of any prize or damage to any prize in transit and the prize winner’s failure to comply with the terms and conditions (if any) specified by any third party.
- Winning entrants will be required to provide a photograph of the entrant with his/her ukulele for publicity purposes: GIF/JPG/PNG image files accepted. Landscape orientation. File size less than 1MB
DECLARATION & MEDIA RELEASE CONSENT
- I have read and agree to the Terms and Conditions of the contest, and declare that this parody is my own work.
- I give permission for the Brisbane Ukulele Musicians Society Incorporated (the Society) to reproduce the entry.
- The Society understands that the entrant retains ownership of the intellectual property rights in the entry, and that this Consent Form does not transfer my ownership.
- I give the Society permission to use my entry:
- for media releases about the Society and its activities.
- on the SPRUKE and Society’s websites and social media
- in print materials promoting the Society and its activities
- I give the Society permission to include my name when using my entry.
- I understand that by giving this permission, the Society can use my entry in any way it chooses, for the purposes described above. It may reproduce them in any form, in whole or in part, and distribute them by any medium including media releases, the Internet, CD-ROM, or other multi-media uses.
- I understand that I will not be paid by the Society for giving this permission.
- This consent remains valid until withdrawn by me by writing to the Secretary, Brisbane Ukulele Musicians Society Incorporated, at firstname.lastname@example.org or the postal address, PO Box 1534, Stafford QLD 4053.