Copyright 2020 Canon USA
Canon’s Home Office Sweepstakes
NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. PURCHASE OR PAYMENT DOES NOT IMPROVE YOUR CHANCE OF WINNING.
1. Eligibility: The Canon Home Office Sweepstakes (“Sweepstakes”) is open only to legal residents of the 50 United States or the District of Columbia who are 18 years of age or older, physically located and residing within the U.S. at the time of entry. Void elsewhere and where prohibited by law. Employees, contractors, directors and officers of Canon U.S.A., Inc. (“Sponsor”), and their respective parent, subsidiary and affiliated companies, distributors and licensees, and the advertising, fulfillment, judging and promotion agencies involved in the development and administration of the Sweepstakes (collectively, “Promotion Parties”), and their immediate family members (parent, child, sibling and spouse of each) and those living in the same households of each (whether related or not) are not eligible to enter or win.
2. Sweepstakes Period: The Sweepstakes shall take place during the Sweepstakes Period. The Sweepstakes Period starts on April 16, 2020 at 12:00 A.M. Eastern Time (“ET”) and ends on April 30, 2020 at 11:59 P.M. ET. Entries submitted before or after the Sweepstakes Period will not be eligible to win a prize. Sponsor’s clock is the official clock for this Sweepstakes.
3. How to Enter the Sweepstakes: Complete the required fields on the entry form, upload a picture of your work from home set up, and submit the entry form to receive a “Sweepstakes Entry.” See further Conditions of Submission in Section 4.
By submitting a Sweepstakes Entry, you consent to receiving emails from Sponsor and/or its licensees and assignees relating to the Sweepstakes. FOR MOBILE USERS - this sweepstakes may not be supported on all mobile devices. Data rates may apply. You will be charged according to your mobile phone service provider's rate plans. Please consult your mobile phone service provider regarding rate plans. Entry into the Sweepstakes is free.
Limited to one (1) entry per person during the Sweepstakes Period. Multiple entries during the Sweepstakes Period will not be accepted. Any attempt to make more than the stated number of Sweepstakes Entries by any method may void all Sweepstakes Entries from that entrant. Anyone found using multiple mailing addresses to enter the Sweepstakes will be disqualified. Incomplete Sweepstakes Entries, including but not limited to those Sweepstakes Entries that do not address the requirements set forth in these Official Rules, will not be eligible. Proof of sending does not constitute proof of actual receipt by Sponsor for purposes of these Official Rules. Sweepstakes Entries generated by script, macro or other automated or improper means and Sweepstakes Entries made by any means which subvert the participation process will be void in Sponsor’s sole discretion. By entering the Sweepstakes, Entrants fully and unconditionally agree to be bound by these Official Rules and the decisions of the Sponsor, which will be final and binding in all matters relating to the Sweepstakes.
4. Conditions of Submission:
a. Photos may be in color or black-and-white.
b. Any Sweepstakes Entry which Sponsor, in its sole discretion, deems to be inappropriate for publication will not be considered and the corresponding entrant will be disqualified. Sweepstakes Entry cannot (i) be sexually explicit or suggestive, unnecessarily violent or derogatory of any ethnic, racial, gender, religious, professional or age group, profane or pornographic, contain nudity or any materially dangerous activity; (ii) promote alcohol, illegal drugs, tobacco, firearms/weapons (or the use of any of the foregoing), any activities that may appear unsafe or dangerous, or any particular political agenda or message; (iii) be obscene or offensive, endorse any form of hate or hate group; (iv) defame, misrepresent or contain disparaging remarks about Sponsor or their products, or other people, products or companies; (v) contain trademarks, logos or trade dress owned by others, or advertise or promote any brand or product of any kind, without permission, or contain any personal identification, such as license plate numbers, personal names, e-mail addresses or street addresses; (vi) contain copyrighted materials owned by others; (viii) communicate messages or images inconsistent with the positive images and/or goodwill to which Sponsor wishes to associate; or (ix) depict, or itself be, in violation of any law.
c. By submitting a Sweepstakes Entry each entrant represents and warrants that: (i) his/her photo and image description are the sole and original creations of the entrant and have not been copied in whole or in part from any other work; (ii) the Sweepstakes Entry does not violate or infringe any copyright, trademark/tradename, or other proprietary right of any person (including but not limited to rights of privacy or publicity or portrayal in a false light) or entity; (iii) the Sweepstakes Entry is the sole and exclusive property of the entrant; (iv) the subject(s) and/or persons depicted in any of the photo and/or image description, if any, have given written consent to its submission into the Sweepstakes and use as contemplated by these Official Rules; (v) the Sweepstakes Entry has not been previously published; (vi) entrant owns or otherwise has rights to use all elements of the Sweepstakes Entry; (vii) the Sweepstakes Entry has not won previous awards; (viii) publication of the Sweepstakes Entry on Sponsor’s social media platforms, will not infringe on the rights of any third party. Entrant will indemnify and hold harmless the Promotion Parties from any claims arising out of the Promotion Parties’ use of Sweepstakes Entries as authorized hereunder; and (iv) entrant has not won any prizes via a Canon Contest or Sweepstakes within the past 90 days.
d. By submitting a Sweepstakes Entry, participant hereby grants to Sponsor a royalty free, irrevocable, perpetual and worldwide license to use and display the photo contained in the Sweepstakes Entry, together with the first name and city of participant on Sponsor’s social media pages and otherwise use the Sweepstakes Entry in accordance with these Official Rules, without compensation of any kind or further notice to or approval from participant or any third party. Promotional Parties are not responsible for any unauthorized third party use of any Sweepstakes Entry photo. Promotional Parties do not guarantee that any Sweepstakes Entry will be posted. Subject to the rights granted to Sponsor, all Entrants (if a minor, his/her parent or legal guardian) retains all copyrights in the photo.
e. By submitting a Sweepstakes Entry, you agree that your submission is gratuitous and made without restriction, and will not place Sponsor under any obligation that Sponsor is free to disclose or otherwise disclose the ideas contained in the Sweepstakes Entry on a non-confidential basis to anyone or otherwise use the ideas without any additional compensation to you. You acknowledge that, by acceptance of your submission, Sponsor does not waive any rights to use similar or related ideas previously known to Sponsor, or developed by its employees, or obtained from sources other than you. Proof of submission will not be deemed to be proof of receipt by Sponsor. By entering, you acknowledge that Sponsor has no obligation to use or post any Sweepstakes Entry you submit.
5. Random Sweepstakes Drawings: On or about May 14, 2020 following the expiration of the Sweepstakes Period, Sponsor will randomly select one (1) potential winner from among all valid entries received, subject to verification and compliance with these Official Rules.
6. Prize, ARV, and Odds of Winning: The prize package in this Sweepstakes is One (1) PIXMA TR8520 Wireless printer (approx. retail value $179.99), One (1) PGI-280 XL / CLI-281 Combo Ink Pack with Glossy Photo Paper (approx. retail value $56.99), One (1) Photo Paper Pro Platinum 4x6 50 sheets (approx. retail value $24.99), and One (1) WS-1400H Portable Display Calculator (approx. retail value $19.99) Total approx. retail value of the prize package is $281.96. The odds of winning depend on the total number of eligible entries received during the Sweepstakes Period. Any difference between the stated ARV and actual value will not be awarded.
No substitution, cash redemption or transfer of prizes is permitted except at Sponsor’s sole discretion. If a prize, or any portion thereof, cannot be awarded for any reason, Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a prize of equal or greater value. All federal, state and local taxes, and all other costs or expenses associated with acceptance or use of the Prize not specified herein, are the sole responsibility of the Winner. Arrangements for delivery of prize will be made after winner verification.
7. How to Claim Prize: Winner will be notified via email. If the Winner is found to be ineligible or not in compliance with these Official Rules, declines to accept the Prize or Sponsor is unable to contact the Winner, the Prize will be forfeited, and in the Sponsor’s sole discretion, the forfeited Prize may be awarded to an alternate Winner. If the Sponsor wishes to select an alternative Winner, Sponsor will select this alternative Winner at random from all eligible Entrants. Winner will receive their prize via mail six weeks following the expiration of the Sweepstakes Period.
8. Limitation of Liability: Upon prize forfeiture, no compensation will be given. Promotion Parties are not responsible for lost, late, misdirected, stolen, illegible, inaccurate, damaged, incomplete, or undeliverable e-mail or direct messages; or for any computer, telephone, satellite, cable, network, electronic or Internet hardware or software malfunctions, failures, connections, or availability or garbled, corrupt or jumbled transmissions, service provider/ Internet / website/use net accessibility, availability, or traffic congestion, or any technical, mechanical, or typographical or other error, or unauthorized human intervention, or the incorrect capture of registration information, or the failure to capture, or loss of, any such information. Promotion Parties are not responsible for any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by any website users, tampering, hacking, or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Sweepstakes and assume no responsibility for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, technical error, theft or destruction or unauthorized access to any website(s). Promotion Parties are not are not responsible for any problem or technical malfunction of any telephone network or lines, computer systems, servers or providers, computer equipment or software on account of technical problems or traffic congestion on the internet or combination thereof, including injury or damage, whether personal or property, to participant’s or to any person’s computer related to or resulting from participating in the Sweepstakes and/or accepting the Prize. If, for any reason, an entry is confirmed to have been erroneously deleted, lost or otherwise destroyed, corrupted, or for any other reason not accepted as an entry into the Sweepstakes, the Entrant’s sole remedy is to submit another entry into the Sweepstakes. If, for any reason, the Sweepstakes is not capable of running as planned, including infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or any other causes beyond the control of Sponsor which corrupts or affects the administration, security, fairness, integrity, or proper conduct of the Sweepstakes, Sponsor reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Sweepstakes and/or proceed with the Sweepstakes, including the selection of the Winner(s), in a manner it deems fair and reasonable including the selection of the Winner(s) from among eligible entries received prior to such cancellation, termination, modification or suspension.
In case of dispute as to the identity of any entrant, entry will be declared made by the authorized account holder of the email address submitted at time of entry. “Authorized Account Holder” is defined as the natural person who is assigned an email address by an Internet access provider, online service provider, or other organization (e.g., business, educational, institution, etc.) responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the submitted email address. Any potential winner may be requested to provide Sponsor with proof that such winner is the authorized account holder of the email address associated with the winning Sweepstakes Entry. If multiple, similar Sweepstakes Entries are received from any person/e-mail address for the same entrant, only the first such Sweepstakes Entry received will be eligible for entry. Entrants may not register with multiple email addresses nor may entrants use any other device or artifice to as multiple registrants. Any entrant who attempts to enter with multiple email addresses under multiple identities or uses any device or artifice to enter multiple times will be disqualified and forfeits any and all prizes won, in Sponsor's discretion. All Sweepstakes Entries become the physical property of the Sponsor and will not be returned.
Sweepstakes Entries by automatic, programmed or like methods will be disqualified. Improper, incomplete, mutilated and illegible entries will be disqualified. This Sweepstakes is subject to all federal, state and local laws. Sponsor reserve the right to disqualify any individual who tampers with the entry process or the website, attempts to undermine the legitimate operation of the Sweepstakes by cheating, hacking, deception or other unfair playing practices (including the use of automated quick entry programs), intends to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other entrants or Sponsor or otherwise acts in a disruptive manner. CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT BY AN ENTRANT TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE ANY WEBSITE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE SWEEPSTAKESMAY BE A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, THE SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES FROM ANY SUCH PERSON TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
This Sweepstakes is offered only in the United States and, by entering, entrants agree that all issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, participant’s rights and obligations, or the rights and obligations of the Sponsor in connection with the Sweepstakes, are governed by the laws of the state of New York, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules. By entering, entrants consent to the jurisdiction and venue of the federal, state and local courts for Suffolk County, New York.
As a condition of entering, entrants (or their parent or legal guardian if any entrant is a minor in his/her jurisdiction of residence) agree (and agree to confirm in writing): (a) to release, indemnify and hold harmless the Promotion Parties and each of their officers, directors, employees and agents, and, from any and all liability, loss or damage, including without limitation property damage, personal injury or death, incurred with respect to the awarding, receipt, possession, and/or use or misuse of any prize, including without limitation any claim based on copyright infringement, trademark infringement, misappropriation, false association, right of publicity, right of privacy, defamation, any other intellectual property-related cause of action and/or breach of contract; (b) under no circumstances will entrant be permitted to obtain awards for, and participant hereby waives all rights to claim, punitive, incidental, consequential, or any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses; (c) all causes of action arising out of or connected with this Sweepstakes, or any prize awarded, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action; and (d) any and all claims, judgments, and award shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, excluding attorneys’ fees and court costs. Entrants who do not comply with these Official Rules or attempt to interfere with this Sweepstakes in any way shall be disqualified. Sponsor is not responsible if Sweepstakes cannot take place or if any prize cannot be awarded due to acts of God, acts of war, natural disasters, weather or acts of terrorism.
9. Release / Publicity Rights: By participating in the Sweepstakes and/or accepting the Prize, the Winner agrees to allow Sponsor and/or Sponsor’s designee the perpetual right to use his/her name, biographical information, photos, and/or likeness, and statements for promotion, trade, commercial, advertising and publicity purposes, at any time or times, in all media now known or hereafter developed, worldwide including, but not limited to, on the World Wide Web and Internet, without notice, review or approval and without additional compensation, except where prohibited by law.
10. Use of Data: Please see Sponsor’s Privacy Statement, located at http://www.usa.canon.com/cusa/about_canon/standard_display/abtcan_lgl_privacy_misc for details of Sponsor's policy regarding the collection and use of personal information in connection with this Sweepstakes. By participating in the Sweepstakes, entrants hereby agree to Sponsor’s collection and usage of their personal information and acknowledge that they have read and accepted Sponsor’s Privacy Statement.
11. Winner List Requests: To receive a copy of the Winner List for this Sweepstakes (available after May 14, 2020) send a self-addressed, stamped envelope to “Winner List Request, Canon Home Office Sweepstake” c/o Customer Experience Marketing, One Canon Park, Melville, NY 11747 (no later than July 30, 2020).
12. Sponsor: The Sweepstakes is sponsored by Canon U.S.A., Inc., One Canon Park, Melville, NY 11747.