EKISC is excited to announce our Cover Shot Contest.
We're looking for a feature photo for our 2019 Annual Report. If you've got a beautiful scenic shot from within the RDEK, submit it! Even better if it includes invasive species in some way! Submit your photo today and you could see it featured on our Annual Report which comes out in May 2020.
Photos will be featured on our social media sites and our website.
The Contest will end on midnight, March 4th.
HOW TO ENTER
1. Take a photo: We're looking for beautiful landscapes of the RDEK or a shot of invasive species that have affected our landscape. Best aspect for the photo is "portrait" but we can crop "landscape" to suit the cover.
2. Caption your photo: where was the shot taken? What's in it?
3. Share the contest with your friends!
**A suitable winner will be announced by EKISC March 16, 2020. Photos will be judged on their creativeness and ability to showcase the RDEK or invasive species. Although photos may receive votes and likes on social media, this may not be an influencing factor for the judges.**
Copyright 2019 East Kootenay Invasive Species Council
• Photos MUST be captioned.
• Digitally altered photos (i.e. Photoshopped) are not allowed and will be disqualified.
• Photos will be judged on the accuracy and creativity that each photo captures or represents as it relates to invasive species and/or the RDEK scenery. Judges are EKISC Staff.
• There is no limit to the number of entries per person.
• If you have questions about the categories items, post them on the East Kootenay Invasive Species facebook page or write to firstname.lastname@example.org
• If we like a photo, we might want to use it in future marketing for EKISC projects. We will contact you for permission before using any photo, but we will not be purchasing any photos. By participating in the contest and uploading photos, you acknowledge that you understand that this is done for fun and for the purposes of participating in the contest does not imply any commercial or monetary relationship or obligation on the East Kootenay Invasive Species Council.
• We prefer photos that were taken within the Regional District of the East Kootenay.
• At the end of the photo contest, the winner will be announced on social media (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and the EKISC website) and awarded a prize of having their photo appear on the 2019 EKISC Annual Report Cover.