TERMS AND CONDITIONS
1. No purchase necessary to enter the competition.
2. This competition is open to independent book shops in the UK only.
3. Entries must be received by 23:59 G.M.T. on 6th May 2018. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any entries that are incomplete, illegible, corrupted or fail to reach the Promoter by the relevant closing date for any reason. Proof of posting or sending is not proof of receipt. Automatically generated entries or entries via agents or third parties are invalid and shall not be considered. Entries become the property of the Promoter and are not returned.
4. Only one entry per book shop. No entrant may win more than one prize.
5. To enter email your event pitch, in no more than 500 words, detailing the ideal format, look and feel of the event, proposed timings and dates and rough estimates of audience size to firstname.lastname@example.org, and include a contact name, telephone number, email address and postal address.
6. All valid and correctly completed entries received by the closing date will be forwarded to an independent judging panel. There will be three winners. The winners will be chosen based on the originality and inventiveness of the event pitch. Projected audience size and sales made by each book shop will not be taken into account.
7. The prize for each of the three winners is Philip Pullman’s attendance at their event and £300 in cash to facilitate and support their event
8. The judges’ decision is final. No correspondence will be entered into.
9. Prizes are subject to availability. In the event of unforeseen circumstances, the Promoter reserves the right (a) to substitute alternative prizes of equivalent or greater value, (b) change the date of the event and (c) in exceptional circumstances to amend or foreclose the competition without notice. No correspondence will be entered into.
10. By entering this competition each entrant confirms that his/her entry is their wholly-owned creation and to the extent that such entry makes use of any third party materials that these have been fully cleared unless they are no longer protected by copyright or other intellectual property rights. Entrants will keep the Promoter harmless from any claims in relation to their entry that the entry infringes the personal or proprietary right of any other person. By submitting an entry, each entrant grants to the Promoter a perpetual, royalty-free, non-exclusive licence to edit, publish, translate, modify, adapt, make available and distribute the entry throughout the world in any media now known or hereafter invented. Each entrant undertakes to complete any necessary documentation to formalise the licence. If you do not want to grant us these rights, please do not submit materials to us.
11. The winners will be notified via email or telephone by 16th May 2018. The winners must claim their prize by responding to the communication notifying them of their win, within 14 days of the Promoter sending notification. If the prize is unclaimed after this time, it will lapse and the Promoter reserves the right to offer the unclaimed prize to a substitute winner selected in accordance with these rules.
12. To obtain details of the winners please email email@example.com stating the name of the competition in the subject heading 4 weeks after the closing date.
13. The Promoter will use any data submitted by entrants only for the purposes of running the competition, unless otherwise stated in the entry details. By entering this competition, all entrants consent to the use of their personal data by the Promoter for the purposes of the administration of this competition and any other purposes to which the entrant has consented.
14. The winners agree to take part in reasonable post event publicity and to the use of their names and photographs in such publicity.
15. The Promoter may disqualify any entrant whose entry does not comply with these terms and conditions (in The Promoter’s sole opinion) or who, in Promoter’s sole determination, has acted in a manner that is fraudulent, dishonest or unjust to other entrants including, without limitation, tampering with the operation of the competition, manipulating or rigging votes, hacking, deceiving, cheating or by harassing or threatening other entrants or a representative of Promoter.
16. The Promoter is Penguin Books Limited, 80 Strand, London WC2R 0RL.
17. By entering the competition each entrant agrees to be bound by these terms and conditions.
18. These terms and conditions are governed in accordance with the laws of England and Wales.
If you aren’t sure where to go from here, check out our Getting Started Video.
Need ideas for how to get the word out? Check out 46 Ways to Promote Your Campaign