Lesley Pelka of Raphine, Virginia is the winner of our Scariest Carpet Contest!
Copyright 2019 Rockbridge Flooring Professionals, LLC
NO PURCHASE IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE DOES NOT INCREASE THE CHANCES OF WINNING.
1. Eligibility: This Scariest Carpet Contest is open only to those who sign up at the https://1.shortstack.com/967nZ6 and who are 18 years old or older as of the date of entry. The Scariest Carpet Contest is only open to legal residents of the United States, and is void where prohibited by law. Employees of Rockbridge Flooring Professionals, LLC, its affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising and promotion agencies, and suppliers, (collectively the “Employees”), and immediate family members and/or those living in the same household of Employees are not eligible to participate in the Scariest Carpet Contest. The Scariest Carpet Contest is subject to all applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations. Void where prohibited.
2. Agreement to Rules: By participating, the Contestant (“You”) agree to be fully unconditionally bound by these Rules, and You represent and warrant that You meet the eligibility requirements. In addition, You agree to accept the decisions of Rockbridge Flooring Professionals, LLC as final and binding as it relates to the content of this Scariest Carpet Contest.
3. Scariest Carpet Contest Period: Entries will be accepted online starting on October 13, 2019, 12:00 a.m. EST and ending October 20, 2019, 11:59 p.m. EST. All online entries must be received by October 20, 2019, 11:59 p.m. EST.
4. How to Enter: The Scariest Carpet Contest must be entered by submitting an entry using the online form provided at https://1.shortstack.com/967nZ6. The entry must fulfill all Scariest Carpet Contest requirements, as specified, to be eligible to win a prize. Entries that are incomplete or do not adhere to the rules or specifications may be disqualified at the sole discretion of Rockbridge Flooring Professionals, LLC. You may enter only once and your submission must include an owner-occupied residential home within Lexington, Buena Vista, and Rockbridge County. Entries of rental properties, student housing, or other non owner-occupied dwelling will be excluded. Entries received from areas outside of Lexington, Buena Vista, and Rockbridge County will be excluded. You must provide the information requested. You may not enter more times than indicated by using multiple email addresses, identities, or devices in an attempt to circumvent the rules. If You use fraudulent methods or otherwise attempt to circumvent the rules, your submission may be removed from eligibility at the sole discretion of Rockbridge Flooring Professionals, LLC.
5. Prizes: The Grand Prize Winner of the Scariest Carpet Contest (the “Winner”) will receive his or her choice of Mohawk Smart Strand carpet available through Rockbridge Flooring Professionals, LLC, as well as basic pad and installation not to exceed $1,000.00 in total. No cash or other prize substitution shall be permitted except at Rockbridge Flooring Professionals, LLC discretion. The prize is nontransferable and must be used by December 31, 2019. Any and all prize-related expenses, including without limitation any and all federal, state, and/or local taxes, shall be the sole responsibility of Winner. No substitution of prize or transfer/assignment of prize to others or request for the cash equivalent by Winner is permitted. Acceptance of prize constitutes permission for Rockbridge Flooring Professionals, LLC to use Winner’s name, likeness, and entry for purposes of advertising and trade without further compensation, unless prohibited by law.
6. Odds: The odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received.
7. Winner Selection and Notification: Winner will be selected by online community voting to occur October 21, 2019, 9:00 a.m. EST through October 30, 2019, 11:59 p.m. EST and under the supervision of Rockbridge Flooring Professionals, LLC. Winner will be notified by email, telephone, and announcement at http://www.RockbridgeFlooring.com and http://www.Facebook.com/RockbridgeFlooring within five (5) days following selection of Winner. Rockbridge Flooring Professionals, LLC shall have no liability for Winner’s failure to receive notices due to spam, junk e-mail or other security settings or for Winner’s provision of incorrect or otherwise non-functioning contact information. If Winner cannot be contacted, is ineligible, fails to claim the prize within (7) seven days from the time award notification was sent, or fails to timely return a completed and executed declaration and release as required, the prize may be forfeited and an alternate Winner selected. Receipt by Winner of the prize offered in this Scariest Carpet Contest is conditioned upon compliance with any and all federal, state, and local laws and regulations. ANY VIOLATION OF THESE OFFICIAL RULES BY WINNER (AT ROCKBRIDGE FLOORING PROFESSIONALS, LLC‘S SOLE DISCRETION) WILL RESULT IN WINNER’S DISQUALIFICATION AS WINNER OF THE SCARIEST CARPET CONTEST, AND ALL PRIVILEGES AS WINNER WILL BE IMMEDIATELY TERMINATED.
8. Rights Granted by You: By entering this content (e.g., photo, video, text, etc.), You understand and agree that Rockbridge Flooring Professionals, LLC, anyone acting on behalf of Rockbridge Flooring Professionals, LLC , and Rockbridge Flooring Professionals, LLC ’s licensees, successors, and assigns, shall have the right, where permitted by law, to print, publish, broadcast, distribute, and use in any media now known or hereafter developed, in perpetuity and throughout the World, without limitation, your entry, name, portrait, picture, voice, likeness, image, statements about the Scariest Carpet Contest, and biographical information for news, publicity, information, trade, advertising, public relations, and promotional purposes. without any further compensation, notice, review, or consent. By entering this content, You represent and warrant that your entry is an original work of authorship, and does not violate any third party’s proprietary or intellectual property rights. If your entry infringes upon the intellectual property right of another, You will be disqualified at the sole discretion of Rockbridge Flooring Professionals, LLC . If the content of your entry is claimed to constitute infringement of any proprietary or intellectual proprietary rights of any third party, You shall, at your sole expense, defend or settle against such claims. You shall indemnify, defend, and hold harmless Rockbridge Flooring Professionals, LLC from and against any suit, proceeding, claims, liability, loss, damage, costs or expense, which Rockbridge Flooring Professionals, LLC may incur, suffer, or be required to pay arising out of such infringement or suspected infringement of any third party’s right.
9. Terms & Conditions: Rockbridge Flooring Professionals, LLC reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Scariest Carpet Contest should virus, bug, non-authorized human intervention, fraud, or other cause beyond Rockbridge Flooring Professionals, LLC ’s control corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, or proper conduct of the Scariest Carpet Contest. In such case, Rockbridge Flooring Professionals, LLC may select the Winner from all eligible entries received prior to and/or after (if appropriate) the action taken by Rockbridge Flooring Professionals, LLC . Rockbridge Flooring Professionals, LLC reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual who tampers or attempts to tamper with the entry process or the operation of the Scariest Carpet Contest or website or violates these Terms & Conditions. Rockbridge Flooring Professionals, LLC has the right, in its sole discretion, to maintain the integrity of the Scariest Carpet Contest, to void votes for any reason, including, but not limited to: multiple entries from the same user from different IP addresses; multiple entries from the same computer in excess of that allowed by Scariest Carpet Contest rules; or the use of bots, macros, scripts, or other technical means for entering. Any attempt by an entrant to deliberately damage any website or undermine the legitimate operation of the Scariest Carpet Contest may be a violation of criminal and civil laws. Should such attempt be made, Rockbridge Flooring Professionals, LLC reserves the right to seek damages to the fullest extent permitted by law.
10. Limitation of Liability: By entering, You agree to release and hold harmless Rockbridge Flooring Professionals, LLC and its subsidiaries, affiliates, advertising and promotion agencies, partners, representatives, agents, successors, assigns, employees, officers, and directors from any liability, illness, injury, death, loss, litigation, claim, or damage that may occur, directly or indirectly, whether caused by negligence or not, from: (i) such entrant’s participation in the Scariest Carpet Contest and/or his/her acceptance, possession, use, or misuse of any prize or any portion thereof; (ii) technical failures of any kind, including but not limited to the malfunction of any computer, cable, network, hardware, or software, or other mechanical equipment; (iii) the unavailability or inaccessibility of any transmissions, telephone, or Internet service; (iv) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the entry process or the Promotion; (v) electronic or human error in the administration of the Promotion or the processing of entries.
11. Disputes: THIS CONTEST IS GOVERNED BY THE LAWS OF THE UNITED STATES AND VIRGINIA, WITHOUT RESPECT TO CONFLICT OF LAW DOCTRINES. As a condition of participating in this Contest, participant agrees that any and all disputes that cannot be resolved between the parties, and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Contest, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, exclusively before a court located in Virginia having jurisdiction. Further, in any such dispute, under no circumstances shall participant be permitted to obtain awards for, and hereby waives all rights to, punitive, incidental, or consequential damages, including reasonable attorney’s fees, other than participant’s actual out-of-pocket expenses (i.e. costs associated with entering this Contest). Participant further waives all rights to have damages multiplied or increased.
13. Winners List: To obtain a copy of the Winner’s name or a copy of these Official Rules, mail your request along with a stamped, self-addressed envelope to: Rockbridge Flooring Professionals, LLC 637A Waddell Street, Lexington, Virginia 24450. Requests must be received no later than November 15, 2019.
14. Sponsor: The Sponsor of the Contest is Rockbridge Flooring Professionals, LLC 637A Waddell Street, Lexington, Virginia 24450.
15. Facebook: The Contest hosted by Rockbridge Flooring Professionals, LLC is in no way sponsored, endorsed, administered by, or associated with Facebook.