Copyright 2020 Books-A-Million, Inc.
This Books-A-Million Fall Educator Week Contest (the “Contest”) is sponsored by Books-A-Million (“BAM!”, “Books-A-Million” or “Sponsor”)
1. NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN.
2. ELIGIBILITY: The Contest are open to US residents 18 years of age or older at the time of entry who have Internet access and a valid e-mail account prior to the beginning of the Contest Period. Sponsor has the right to verify the eligibility of each entrant. Only one entry per person will be accepted for each Contest Period. Employees of Books-A-Million or its affiliated or subsidiary companies, including but not limited to 2nd & Charles and their immediate family members and/or those living in the same household of such persons, are not eligible to enter the Contest. Contest is governed by the laws of the USA. All federal, state, and local laws and regulations apply. Void where prohibited.
3. HOW TO ENTER: The Educator Week Teacher Nomination Contest begins September 15, 2020 at 8:00 am CDT and ends October 18th, 2020 at 11:59 pm CDT (“Contest Period”). NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE CHANCES OF WINNING. To enter, visit www.blog.booksamillion.com/contest and provide Sponsor with a valid email and nomination. Entries must be received by October 18th, 2020 at 11:59 pm CDT. No entries will be accepted beyond this time. Only one entry per person, per Contest Period.
4. DRAWING. Contestants will provide a description of why their teacher deserves to win our contest, and the entry with the most votes will win the $1,000 gift certificate to Books-A-Million. The winner will be announced on October 19, 2020 at 8am CDT. Potential winners will be notified by email or by telephone and must sign and return any required Affidavit of Eligibility and Release within 2 days of the date notice is sent or such other date set by Sponsor. Failure to respond within the applicable time period will result in forfeiture of prize and Sponsor shall have the option to award the prize to an alternate winner. The return of any prize notification or prize as undeliverable may result in disqualification and an alternate winner may be selected. All income taxes resulting from acceptance of prize are the responsibility of winner. By entering this Contest, entrant accepts and agrees to these Official Rules and the decisions of the Sponsor, which shall be final in all matters. Acceptance of a prize also constitutes permission to the Sponsor to use the winners’ name, likeness, and biographical information for marketing purposes without further compensation or right of approval, unless prohibited by law. All federal and state laws apply.
5. LIMITATION OF LIABILITY: BY ENTERING THIS CONTEST, ENTRANTS WAIVE ALL RIGHT TO, AND HOLD THE SPONSOR, AND ITS AFFILIATE AND SUBSIDIARY COMPANIES, AND THEIR RESPECTIVE, PARENT, RELATED, AFFILIATED AND SUBSIDIARY COMPANIES, AND THEIR RESPECTIVE OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, EMPLOYEES, REPRESENTATIVES AND AGENTS HARMLESS FROM, ANY CLAIM, LIABILITY, LOSS, DAMAGE (INCLUDING PUNITIVE, INCIDENTAL, AND CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES), OR EXPENSE (INCLUDING ATTORNEYS' FEES) ARISING OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH PARTICIPATION IN THIS CONTEST OR THE ACCEPTANCE, USE, OR MISUSE OF ANY PRIZE. SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY FOR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, SO THE ABOVE MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. Sponsor will not be responsible for: late, incomplete, or incorrect entries; an entrant's failure to receive prize notices due to entrant's spam, junk e-mail, or other security settings or for entrants' provision of incorrect or otherwise non-functioning contact information; technical, hardware, or software malfunctions, lost or unavailable network connections, or failed, incorrect, inaccurate, incomplete, garbled, or delayed electronic communications whether caused by the sender or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or used in this Contest; by any human error which may occur in the processing of the entries in this Contest; or any typographical, technological, or other error in the publishing of the offer, administration of the Contest, or announcement of the prizes. If, in the Sponsor's opinion, there is such an error, or there is any suspected evidence of tampering with any portion of the Contest, or if technical difficulties (including viruses and bugs) compromise the integrity of the Contest, Sponsor reserves the right to request that the Sponsor, in its sole discretion, cancel or modify this Contest in a manner deemed appropriate by the Sponsor. In the event of termination, winners will be selected from among all eligible entries received as of date of termination. In the event a dispute arises as to the identity of a potentially winning entrant, entries will be declared made by the name on the online entry form.
6. PRIZE: One lucky winner will receive a $1,000 gift card to Books-A-Million. The Total Contest ARV is ($1,000.)
7. GENERAL CONDITIONS: All entries become the property of Books-A-Million. Books-A-Million reserves the right to use your entry in all print and electronic media, and to edit it for brevity and clarity. Books-A-Million reserves the right to terminate or modify this giveaway at any time in the event of any intervention with the promotion beyond the control of Books-A-Million. In such a circumstance, winners will be selected based on entries received to date of termination. By entering our Contest, the entrants agree to join Books-A-Million’s email list to view special offers and promotions. Entrants may unsubscribe at any time.
8. CONDUCT: All Contest participants agree to be bound by these Official Rules. Books-A-Million, in its sole discretion, reserves the right to disqualify any person it finds to be in violation of these rules.
10. WINNERS LIST: For the names of the prize winners available after October 20th, 2020, send a self-addressed, stamped #10 envelope to: Booksamillion.com Contest, 402 Industrial Lane, Birmingham, AL 35211, USA.
11. SPONSOR: Booksamillion.com, 402 Industrial Lane, Birmingham, AL 35211, USA.