Copyright 2017 Lake Macquarie City Art Gallery
Information on how to enter and prizes form part of these Terms and Conditions. Participation in this promotion is deemed acceptance of these Terms and Conditions and any entry not complying with these Terms and Conditions is invalid.
To enter, entrants must:
- Entry is open to Australian residents between the age of 12 and 25. Any entrant under the age of 18 years must have their parent or guardian's permission to enter the promotion. Employees of the Promoter and their immediate families are ineligible to enter.
- Promotion commences at 10.00am Australian Eastern Daylight Time (“AEDT”) on 10 December 2017 and closes at 10.00pm AEDT on Sunday 21 January 2018 (“Promotion Period”).
- The artist must have visited the exhibition 'BOARD: surf and skate culture meet contemporary' art at Lake Macquarie City Art Gallery between 10 December 2017 – 21 January 2018 and take a photo of themselves in front of the 'BOARD' title wall in the exhibition and submit it as a jpg with the entry.
- Design your own graphic for a Surfboard or Skateboard and submit as a jpeg.
- Share on Instagram with #BOARD@lakemac to increase your chance in the people’s choice award.
- Entrants may enter the competition more than once, however each entry must be created by the entrant and cannot be the same. The artwork/design must be the artist/designer’s own original work.
- By entering the competition the artist/designer agrees to have their artwork and photograph featured on all social media platforms, Lake Macquarie City Art Gallery and Lake Macquarie City Council's website and Facebook page and in other media.
- This is a game of skill and chance plays no part in determining the winners. Each entry will be individually judged, based upon individual creative merit.
- All entries must be an independent creation by the entrant.
- Entries must not have been published previously and/or have been used to win prizes in any other competitions.
- The major prize is a custom-made surfboard with your own design valued at $ 1100 recommended retail price (“RRP”).
- The minor prize is a custom-made skateboard blank with your own design valued at $ 350 RRP.
- The People Choice Prize is gift voucher for Grundy’s Surf and Skate valued at $ 100 RRP.
- Total prize pool for the promotion is valued at $1550 RRP.
- The entries will be judged at First Street Booragul 2284 on 22 January 2017.
- The winners will be notified by telephone or email by Thursday 25 January 2017.
- The Promoter reserves the right to verify the validity of all entries and reserves the right to disqualify any individual entrant or group of entrants for tampering with the entry process. The Promoter may in its complete discretion preclude that entrant from participation in any or all future promotions of the Promoter.
- Prize is not transferable and non-redeemable for cash.
- Prize value is correct at time of printing but no responsibility is accepted for any variation in the value of any prize.
- Promoter’s decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- The Promoter retains the absolute discretion to require a winner to provide proof of age, residential address and identity in a form determined by the Promoter before awarding the prize. If the winner is under the age of 18, the prize will be awarded to their parent/guardian.
- If the prize remains unclaimed within one month of the judging date, the Promoter may, at its discretion, award the prize to the next best valid entry or entries.
- The Promoter is not liable for any loss or damage whatsoever which is suffered, including but not limited to indirect or consequential loss, or for personal injury suffered or sustained during the course of accepting or using the prize, except for any liability which cannot be excluded by law.
- Entrants and prize winners consent to their name and suburb being published by the Promoter or the media. Entrants and prize winners must also consent to a short interview with Council and the media where their interview responses may be used in media or promotional material.
- Entrants and prize winners consent to have their artwork and photograph featured on all social media platforms, LMCAG website and in media.
- Prize winners should look to the manufacturer of products or provider of services awarded for all warranties. Winners should look to the Retail Supplier for locations of service providers. These terms and conditions do not exclude or limit the application of any statutory provision (including a provision of the Competition and Consumer Act 2010) where to do so would contravene that statute or cause any part of these terms and conditions to be void.
- The Promoter is not responsible if a prize is lost, stolen, destroyed, or used without your permission. The Promoter is also not responsible for the availability and provision of services associated with the use of the prize.
- If any prize (or part of any prize) is unavailable, the Promoter, in its discretion, reserves the right to substitute the prize (or that part of the prize) with a prize to the equal value and/or specification, subject to any directions from a regulatory authority.
- If for any reason this promotion is not capable of running as planned, whether caused by infection by computer virus, mobile phone failure, line drop out, bugs, tampering, unauthorised intervention, fraud, technical failures or any other cause beyond the control of the Promoter which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness or integrity of the Promotion, the Promoter reserves the right in its sole discretion, to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Promotion. The Promoter may in its sole discretion disqualify any individual who tampers with the entry process.
- The Promoter is Lake Macquarie City Council. [ABN 81 065 027 868] of 126-138 Main Road Speers Point NSW 2284.