Thank you to everyone who entered and put their heart into their photographs and descriptions.
Photograph by Martin M.
With nature’s skyline I feel no boundaries, no restrictions. Staring at nothing but the rolling hills while listening to this album helps me let go. It eases my transition from city life, on to a greater freedom.
By Marie V.
Tout Est Calme.
The melody of the sea overflows into infinity. There was always that feeling in Yann's music but especially on this record, closeness to the water, to the sea. And this environment is where I spend a lot of my time whenever I can.
Established in 1992 by a group of footloose Viennese students, the Lomographic Society International is photography’s wild child. Fuelled by fiery passion and burning curiosity, we blasted off our free-spirited movement when we stumbled across the Lomo LC-A – the most popular Russian camera of the 1980s, now famed for its quirky aesthetic. We wasted no time at all and created our Ten Golden Rules, and we’ve dutifully followed them ever since. Today – with over 1 million creative members – Lomography is a license to let loose; an invitation to ignite your inspiration, and a platform to catapult your shots around the globe. Whether you’re a complete novice or a seasoned pro, we believe that you harness the power to create something incredible. From crazy color-shifting film to bespoke Art Lenses, innovative instants to classic analogue cameras we’re dedicated to designing and producing all the photographic tools you need.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
“YANN TIERSEN PHOTOGRAPHY COMPETITION”
1. Binding Agreement: By entering into the Yann Tiersen Photography Competition (the “Competition”) any person entering (“Entrant(s)”) confirms that he/she has read and agreed to the Terms and Conditions of this Agreement. In consideration of an Entrant entering into the Competition a binding agreement between Entrant and Mute Artists Ltd with an office located at 1 Albion Place, London, W6 0QT, (the “Label”) shall be formed. Any link provided in this Agreement to the specific information in the Official Rules shall also form part of this Agreement.
2. Purchases: No purchases are required to enter or win a prize in the Competition. Any purchases will not increase an Entrant’s chances of winning the Competition.
3. Technical Requirements: Internet access is required to enter this Competition. Entrants can also log in to their Instagram account to enter. Entrants can sign up for a free Instagram account at https://www.instagram.com/
4. Age Restriction: If you are under 14 years old, your entry will be disqualified. If you are aged 14, 15, 16 or 17 you must have the permission of your parent or legal guardian before entering this Competition. If you are 18 years old, or over, you are eligible with no permissions required.
5. Entry Period: The Competition commences at 8:00 am (BST) on 15th August 2019 and ends at 8:00 pm (BST) on 20th September 2019 (“the Period”). No entries shall be permitted after the Period ends.
6. Official Rules: To enter into the Competition Entrant must submit a valid entry (“Entry/Entries”) at the website https://www.yanntiersen.com/photographycompetition (“Website”) where entrants will be invited to submit a photo that features their favourite album by the artist Yann Tiersen in a location that is meaningful to them. They will then be asked to add a description of their photo and explain the connection between the album and the location they have chosen. Entrants can either upload their photo using the photo upload tool on the Website or via Instagram using the hashtag “#TiersenMemories”. Entrants will be judged on the originality of their description and the composition of the photo. The Official Rules which specify what is accepted as an Entry into the Competition can be found on the Website. For avoidance of doubt the Official Rules also form part of this Agreement. One (1) winner will be selected for each of the following categories:
- Best Overall - to be judged and selected by Yann Tiersen.
- Best Description – to be judged and selected by Yann Tiersen.
- Most Interesting Photograph – to be selected by popular vote at the website https://www.yanntiersen.com/photographycompetition. Entrants can increase their votes by sharing their entry on Instagram with the hashtag “TiersenMemories”.
Entry is limited to one Entry per entrant.
7. Prizes: The Official Rules also specify the criteria for selection of winning Entries (“Winner(s)”) and the Prizes that shall be accordingly awarded to any Winners. There will be three tiers of prizes:
- Best Overall – 1 (one) Lomo camera signed by Yann Tiersen plus all of Yann Tiersen’s albums signed by Yann Tiersen either on vinyl or CD.
- Best Photos - All of Yann Tiersen’s albums either on vinyl or CD.
- Best Description - All of Yann Tiersen’s albums either on vinyl or CD.
8. Notice of Winners: After 8:00pm (BST) on the 22th September 2019, the Winner(s) will be contacted. If an Entry has been selected as a Winner, Entrant(s) shall receive an email to the provided email address confirming this. Entrants shall be given 14 days to acknowledge that he/she has received confirmation and provide any requested details. If there has been no response to the confirmation email of an Entry being selected as a Winner within 14 days, Label reserves the right to rescind its selection of an Entry. In the event that the Label rescinds its selection of an Entry, no compensation will be given.
9. Missing Entries: Label shall not be responsible for Entries that are not received for any reason.
10. Obscene/Offensive Content: By entering this Competition, the Entrant warrants and represents that their Entry does not contain content that is false, deceptive, misleading, scandalous, indecent, criminally obscene, pornographic, unlawful, blasphemous, defamatory, libelous, fraudulent, tortuous, threatening, harassing, hateful, degrading, intimidating, or racially or ethnically offensive, or contains nudity, pornographic images, explicit sexual themes or graphic violence. In the Label’s sole discretion, any such content will be immediately disqualified from the Competition and deleted from the Website.
11. Third Party Entries: An Entry must only to be made by the owner of an Entry. Entrants may not enter the Competition on a third party’s behalf and such Entries shall be disqualified.
12. Promotion: The photos and descriptions of any Entries into the Competition shall remain in ownership of the Entrant. Notwithstanding the foregoing Label reserves the right to use any Entry, the metadata of Entry and the details provided with an Entry for any promotional purposes. This shall include but not be limited to exhibiting on Yann Tiersen’s website, Label’s website, Yann Tiersen and Label’s social media channels (including but not limited to Instagram, Facebook and Twitter) as well as being used as content for any promotional campaigns.
13. License: In consideration of an Entrant submitting an Entry into the Competition, Label shall have the option to licence the photo(s) submitted of any Entry (“Licenced Entry”) at the Label’s sole discretion. Label shall have non-exclusive, perpetual, worldwide, royalty-free, gratis exploitation rights of a Licenced Entry. Label may give notice to an Entrant of a Licensed Entry.
14. Public Viewing: Entrant notes and agrees that submitted Entries, corresponding metadata and names may be publicly viewable published online.
15. Original Entry: With exception to rights in any of artwork of Yann Tiersen’s albums that shall feature in the Entry, each photo must only consist of original elements and shall not include elements which are owned or subject to any licensing rights of third parties.
16. Moral Rights: Entrant agrees that he/she hereby waives all moral rights in and to the Entry with respect to the Label’s use of the Entry in the manner granted herein.
17. Warranties: Entrant warrants that: (a) he/she has all the rights to the contents of the Entry and that Entrant has obtained all rights permissions and consents necessary to grant the rights herein; (b) that the Entry will not violate any law or statute; c) Entry is free and clear of any liens or claims with respect to the use of Entry as detailed herein and it will not give rise to any claims of infringement whatsoever; (e) Entry will not be defamatory, obscene, violent or derogatory.
18. General Terms:
1. Any non-compliance with this Agreement or the Official Rules in the Label’s discretion may disqualify an Entry.
2. Entrant undertakes to fully indemnify the Label and Yann Tiersen (“the Indemnified Parties”) jointly and severally and keep them each at all times fully indemnified from and against all loss, damage, actions, proceedings, claims, demands, costs, expenses (including, without prejudice to the generality of this provision, their legal costs) awards and damages howsoever, arising out of the Competition or out of any breach or non-performance by an Entrant of any of the terms of this Agreement. The Indemnified Parties shall be entitled to settle any actions, proceedings, claims, demands, costs, awards and damages. Each Entrant agrees to release all rights to bring any claim, action or proceeding against the Indemnified Parties, to release all rights to bring any claim, action or proceeding against the Indemnified Parties, and hereby acknowledge that the Indemnified Parties have neither made nor are in any manner responsible or liable for any warranty, representation or guarantee, express or implied, in fact or in law, relative to the Prize(s).
3. Unless expressly stated otherwise in this Agreement, nothing in this Agreement confers or is intended to confer any rights on any third party pursuant to the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999.
4. Nothing contained in this Agreement shall constitute employment, a partnership between or joint venture by the parties hereto or constitute any party the agent of the others.
5. Any breach of the terms or warranties within this Agreement shall give the right for Label to terminate the Agreement between Label and an Entrant at the Label’s discretion.
6. This Agreement, its validity, construction and effect shall be governed by the laws of England and Wales applicable to agreements fully performable therein whose courts shall be the exclusive courts of competent jurisdiction.